Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Family That Juices Together....

A family that juices together stays healthy. Period. That is my thought when it comes to my family. I have been juicing for quite some time now, and anyone that knows me knows that I am a huge advocate for juicing. My family is no exception. They have to hear me rave about its benefits almost daily and listen to me hound them about getting on board with juicing. Well finally about a month ago my mom got a juicer. She juices daily and swears that it has changed her life. Her skin is glowing more now, she is full of energy, and she just feels overall better. Remember that these feelings and changes are being noticed just after one month of consistent juicing. Then this past Father's Day, my sister, my mom, and myself went in on purchasing a juicer for my grandpa. He loves fruits and veggies, but he doesn't always exclusively eat the fresh kind. We have gone round and round since I have been juicing on the benefits, the difference between juicing and consuming fruits and veggies by eating, and everything in between. Literally every time we got together I was giving him a speech about juicing. I also felt very strongly that he needed to attempt juicing because he is fighting cancer for the second time, and has reached the point where radiation and chemo are no longer options. I am anti-meds for the most part, and feel strongly that doctors over medicate this country. There is something deep within me that believes that the body can heal itself and juicing can definitely be beneficial to that process. I am proud to say that my grandpa has also jumped on board and juices every day. He really seems to enjoy the process of juicing and discovering how much each vegetable or fruit juices, and mixing and matching for different tastes. On top of that, I can not wait until he goes for his check up in three months to see what the doctors say and I am praying for a miracle. Afterall, I do firmly beleieve that a family that juices together, STAYS HEALTHY!

No comments:

Post a Comment