Monday, February 13, 2012

Thoughts On My Training To "train"

Just when I thought I knew it all...Well ALMOST it all...I learned something new. Actually I am totally kidding. Although I do feel like I have a pretty solid foundation of fitness and training, my orientation for this new position as a trainer has been an eye-opening experience, and I definitely look forward to learning all I can. It has definitely been a while since I have blogged but the past few weeks have been hectic to say the least with interviews and decision making regarding a training job. I finally made my choice and went to a location where I felt confident that I would benefit most as a new trainer. Meaning, the manager seemed passionate and thorough, very informative about the facility and training in general. All these qualities are important to me in developing a solid foundation that will ensure a successful future as a trainer. However, I will be the first to admit that the first few days of training were a challenge. There is much to be learned and I totally see myself growing here. It has also been challenging so far, mostly because the way this gym trains is so different from anything I have ever seen. The best way to describe it is that, I know what the trainers do at my gym, the experiences I have had with trainers that have trained me, and how I train myself, what they do there doesn't fit into any of the groups. I like the programs at this facility, the training methods, and reasoning/why behind the methods, which is important because I firmly believe and live my life/only get involved in things I believe in and encourage others to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment