Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Journey Starts Here

Well it is official!! After talking about it and talking myself out of it for quite some time now, I am finally ready to do a show. My friend said it best (he has done several shows) when he said, "it is as much mental/emotional as it is physical. You must be MENTALLY ready." I feel like I am finally at a place where I am mentally ready. Am I scared? Heck yes! But I am ready to face my fears, put in the hard work, and take my place on that stage to display what months of discipline and focus can do. I need this experience. I want to feel accomplished and I need the structure in my life that training for this will require. I am ready to take my personal fitness to the next level and watch my body transform and to grow as a person through this experience. This is gonna be a huge commitment and a test of my ability to commit. The next six months or so will be about me being committed to competition prep. I have already warned some people close to me that I will be eating, sleeping, and breathing this competition until stage time. I have attempted the initial stages of setting up some sort of support system. Although I am a highly motivated individual, I know I will need the people around me to understand that my lifestyle will change and be restricted for a while and I need their support for these changes. Finally today I met with my posing coach, who will also be doing my diet. I know if I'm gonna do this, I want to do it the right way and not go into blindly. This was a scary move and when I agreed to work with her that is when it became REAL. I'm doing a show...Wow..I can't really describe how I feel right now besides nervous, excited, scared, and a little intimidated. I feel it is an attainable goal but there is definitely work to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment