Friday, December 7, 2012

It is so much MORE than just physical

So I knew going into this competition that it would be physical...duh...it is all about prepping my body for stage but 65 days into it, and it is proving to be so much more. It is mental. You must have the mental focus to stay on track and have continued drive to do what I do every day whether it be meal prep, meal consumption( which I never look forward to), the workout difficulty and challenges with cardio, or just avoiding destructive behavior especially in social settings. I definitely have my highs and lows. But I am learning so much about the process as well as about myself as I go through the motions. It is challenging my patience to trust that I am heading in a direction that will end with me being stage ready, that the changes will take place, it gives me structure, focus, and a purpose. It is building my confidence daily even though I am still petrified to step on stage, it has corrected my posture, improved my workouts and just has me feeling better overall even when I am exhausted. This is definitely a learning process and so far I feel proud of how far I have come and can't wait to see how it all plays out!

No comments:

Post a Comment