Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year New Goals....Hello 2013

What a year... I have to say I have been more blessed than not, so for that I am thankful. Remembering this keeps me grounded, focused, and moving forward as I should and this is what my hope is for everyone. I must say this was a year of personal growth for me in several areas of my life and I am excited to see what 2013 has in store for me. As far as fitness is concerned I have definitely had the opportunity to grow as a trainer which is awesome! My clients are amazing and I look forward to working with them in the new year. It is impossible to describe the satisfaction I get in challenging others, helping them reach goals, and seeing them do things they didn't think they could! All of these qualities solidifies that this is my calling, my purpose, and I am ready to touch lives when it comes to health and fitness. I am blessed to have the ability to design and implement my training programs for my clients and I look forward to doing much more in 2013. I also feel blessed that my paths crossed with some amazing people in the fitness industry. I started the year out training at a gym and was blessed to learn so much about several aspects of fitness, not to mention was able to work with some amazing trainers and become friends with one trainer specifically. Sadly, he was taken too soon about a month ago, but I am grateful for knowing him, learning from him, and having him in my life. Brandon Jennings inspired me to be a better trainer, he was one of the best, he fueled my passion for my profession and my personal fitness and I will always be thankful that we met. Also I feel blessed to have been re-connected with an old colleague who is now very successful in the fitness competition world and solidified that 2013 is my year to finally compete. Timing truly is everything and life really can come full circle. She is now my coach and starting Jan 2 we will be training full force for a spring show. I am excited and nervous about this goal. I will be blogging about this experience regularly to inspire others and keep track of my progress. Odd years are typically my best years so I am ready for 2013. I really have no specific resolutions I just promise to make progress and to continue to be the best me I can be. My wish for everyone is a peaceful, fit, healthy, happy new year. I hope that when it comes to personal goals that each person sets and achieves goals that are best for themselves. Life is not about competing with others, its about being better today than you were yesterday. Also I pray for more acts of kindness and just living a healthier life. Happy New Year to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment