Thursday, November 10, 2011

Invest In YOU!!!!

Investing in yourself is so hard for most of us....I see it going on all around me...Women putting their boyfriends/husbands first, putting their children first, themselves last..or not at all...I witnessed it growing up with my own mom. I can't tell you how many times she did without so my sister and I could have whatever we needed or wanted...And although that is an admirable quality because of the intention behind it, what we all need to realize is that unless you take care of yourself and meet your own needs you are really useless to those around you to a certain degree....You are almost doing yourself a disservice by neglecting yourself and not taking care of yourself so you can BE THE BEST YOU, which will then domino effect into you being the best whatever to others....Maybe you don't agree, but it is truly how I feel..I realize that I am in a situation where I can for the most part take care of my needs/wants/etc because I don't have anybody that relies on me (this is by choice..lol) and depends on me, where many others are not in this situation...To which I say that putting yourself first while still tending to whoever relies on you will be a challenge, it will take balance and organization....but it can be done!

2 comments:

  1. I agree 100%. When you are a mom, it is so hard to find the time to spend on yourself--and you feel even worse spending money on yourself, like you are taking it away from your kids. But you are no good to anyone if you are sick or miserable. After having a baby over a year ago, I just started working out again and spending more time working on myself... I started a blog too, with my sister, about us trying to improve our lives (http://theharperproject.blogspot.com/). After working on ours, it's fun to read somebody else's blog! Can't wait to see your personal training business take off. You taught me my first dance routine along time ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Kristin!!!!I'm so glad u enjoy my blog...I hope you keep reading it..And I'm def gonna check yours out!!!

    ReplyDelete