Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Personal training and personalities

Before I became a trainer I had trainers....Several...I completely feel that everyone, especially if they are just beginning a workout program should have a trainer for a little while, even if it is just to navigate through the gym, various equipment, certain exercises, and even longer if they have a goal in mind that they are trying to achieve. When I think back to the trainers I have worked with and the experiences I have had and now standing on the other side of training, I must say it is important to find a trainer that you "click" with...Someone that listens, really hears you, gives you feedback, is attentive to YOUR needs, and someone you feel comfortable around....As I was training my client the other day she re-affirmed my thoughts when she told me how comfortable she feels around me, and that she is glad she is working with me, because she doesn't feel intimidated by my presence or embarrassed to do certain exercises in front of me. In that moment I was like "YES!!!!That is how it's supposed to be"..I remember feeling THAT way with some of my trainers and the complete opposite at times with different trainers. After all, at the end of the day, it is a relationship between the trainer and the client, so it is important that you find a good fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment