Tuesday, January 17, 2012

First Things First.....FORM!!!!

One of my biggest pet peeves in the gym is when I look around and see anyone doing an exercise with bad form. It literally takes everything in me not to stop what I am doing and go over and correct them...That is definitely the trainer in me coming out. But I refrain because it is not my place. However,I am mentioning it here, and if you are reading this please know that ALL your efforts in the gym are a waste if your form is NOT correct. Seriously. It's a complete waste of your time. So before you get caught up in reps, or sets, or amount of weight you can lift depending on the exercise, CORRECT YOUR FORM! However you have to do it, by asking someone who is knowledgeable, hiring a trainer, looking at fitness/workout books, looking online....Use your resources, educate yourself, and clean up your form so you can start seeing results...I would prefer everyone to squat, lunge, curl, etc at a LOW weight with correct form then overloading your body with excessive weights and bad form. The latter will get you nowhere but qualify you for possible injuries. Take your time with each rep....Focus and really feel your muscles doing the work on the lifting and lowering phase of the exercise, proper breathing is huge (you should exhale on the exertion/lifting part of the exercise and inhale on the lowering), get a good SQUEEZE out of the muscle you are working so you can really feel it. Remember FORM is everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment