Friday, January 13, 2012

Goals Revisited

Let me preface this by saying as New Year's approached I made it clear that I had some general tweaks that I wanted to make in the upcoming year, but just as we all change as individuals our goals are subject to change. I am still working on the "get out of my gym clothes after the gym" goal. That is really difficult for me, because it is so easy to stay comfy and I'm constantly on the go and my days usually escape me. I am taking it one day at a time and I keep reminding myself, I work hard for my body so I need to wear more flattering things (and hoodies/sweats do NOT equal flattering). I am also on track with my reading a certain amount of time per week. My goal is a book per month, which is realistic. I truly believe you must keep your mind sharp and reading is a great way to do that. My eating habits have definitely become more strict. I am working on timing out my meals, keeping my diet clean, tremendously upping my protein intake. My final tweak is my workout. This is definitely being revisited because shortly after the new year I started thinking about competing in a fitness show. So yes, cardio will be a must and more then the minimum I was originally thinking, add to it my resistance training is about to drastically change. I have to become more focused and even more dedicated then I already am if I want to achieve THIS goal.
I have noticed in certain conversations with various people, on social networks that getting healthy seems to be a common goal. And yes, I know that it is a standard goal for the new year that is short lived. But something seems different about it this time. People seem more dedicated and determined, and I love it. Just as I hope these posts are a source of inspiration or get you thinking, I have to admit the daily posts on social networks along with the conversations I have had recently inspire me!

No comments:

Post a Comment