Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Kale Recipe

I have mentioned Kale in a previous blog and every time I mention it in conversations people always ask me,"how do you prepare it?" Prior to this recipe I used to strictly juice it, which is super great, it blends well with other fruits and veggies and provides amazing benefits! However I was recently looking for ways to mix it up when it comes to kale and came across this recipe I thought I would pass along:
Ingredients
1 bunch kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
Directions
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 58 | Total Fat: 2.8g | Cholesterol: 0mg

No comments:

Post a Comment